The mission of Diamond Minds is to offer every child a holistic education which nurtures their physical, emotional, intellectual, social, aesthetic, and spiritual needs. This is supported in a culturally responsive and compassionate community designed to inspire creative thinking, promote a love of learning, advance self-awareness, and impart the knowledge and intuition necessary to prepare children for success as global citizens.
The purpose of Diamond Minds Transformational Leadership Academy is to provide children with a high-quality, well-rounded, and engaging education that is specifically designed to meet their unique opportunities and challenges.
- Students should be placed at the center of the educational process and be connected to the community in a two-way learning relationship.
- Students come to school with a rich body of knowledge that may not necessarily match conventional schooling, but can be utilized as a foundation on which to build.
- Families are an important factor in academic success as they provide insight into the child and support the educational process in the home.
- Students should be assessed using authentic measures, which aid in the identification and development of strategies to advance the child.
- Curriculum should be relevant, rigorous, and realistic in order to maximize a student’s underlying potential.